All of the dip exercise alternatives you can use in the WLC weight lifting workouts will be listed here on this page.
Dips are one of the 7 core weight lifting exercises meaning you must include this movement in your weight lifting program. There's no way out of doing dips!
If you can't do dips at this time, don't worry. You can use resistance bands to make them easier. You'll get strong really fast when using the WLC System, and then you'll be adding additional weight to your body with the help of a dip belt.
I've created a list of dip exercise alternatives you can substitute in any of the workouts you find in the weight lifting workouts section.
I HIGHLY recommend you do the original version of dips, though. This is the best version of this exercise.
List of Dip Exercise Alternatives
Dip Exercise Substitutions. Dips are one of the 7 core weight lifting exercises here at WLC for a great reason. You will work a huge number of muscle groups with Dips so you get a lot of bang for your buck.
– Parallel Grip Dips. Dips with a parallel grip is the most common version of the dip. You will need some dip bars in order to do this exercise. Make sure you have a good setup that can handle some weight because you will be adding weight around your waist in the future for this exercise.
– Forward Leaning Dip. Leaning forward will put more stress on your chest. If you need to focus more on your chest, the forward leaning dip is good to use in a workout rotation.
– No Lean Dip. Straight up dips meaning your body is vertical are great for your triceps. Your entire upper body is always worked with dips but vertical dips will target more of the triceps area than forward lean dips.
– Bench / Chair Dip. You can always do dips from a bench or a chair if you lack equipment. These are actually a very good exercise that targets the triceps differently. If you can safely add heavy weight to this weight lifting exercise, it's a great alternative to normal dips.
– Push Downs. Push downs can be a good but not great alternative as it's more of an isolation exercise. You can make it more of a full body exercise by getting your entire body into it but be ready for people to tell you that you're cheating. In real life when you're trying to get some work done outdoors, there is no cheating.
Do You Know of Any Other Dip Exercise Alternatives?
I am always looking for new weight lifting exercises and especially dip exercise alternatives.
If you have any weight lifting exercises that you don't see listed above, please leave a comment below and I'll add your exercise to the list you see here.
Navigation Links for the WLC System
You are currently within the WLC System section of the website.
Want to read about a different topic? Follow the links below to go to the higher level pages.