1. Ensure you have a very good reason for each goal. The goal should be very important to you for a specific reason. If you are emotionally attached to each goal, you will work harder to reach that goal.
2. Know the outcome of your goal. You've got to be able to see it and feel it. You MUST know how great it's going to feel when you reach your goal. Close your eyes and visualize. Use your senses to see and feel your goal.
3. Attach a mental image or actual image to each goal. Every time you read your goal, this image should come to mind. Visualization is very powerful. Either create an image in your mind or find an actual image that will help you.
4. Set a reward for meeting each of your larger goals. As an example, if you follow the WLC programs for 3 months, and finally achieve the body of your dreams, you should set a reward such as a vacation to a place you've always wanted to go — or buy new clothes, etc.
5. Write each goal in the positive and present tense. Do not use future tense such as ‘I will' do this or that. Using present tense convinces your mind that you already have met the goal and helps your mind work with you to meet your goals… very powerful stuff.
6. Set every goal as high as possible. If you miss your goal, you will still be extremely happy. But, believe that you WILL meet those goals. You must believe you will meet them and even exceed them. Always set your goals high!
7. Use powerful words and descriptions. When you read your goals, you want them to affect you emotionally. Using powerful words will help evoke these emotions when you read your goals.
8. Set short term and long term goals. Once you know exactly what you want, set short term goals to make sure you are on the right track to meet your long term goals. Set time constraints for each goal. You need to have a sense of urgency in meeting your goals.
9. Go over your goals several times each day. Repetition is very powerful and stamps your goals into your mind. Go over them morning, afternoon, and night EACH day.
10. Always set new goals once you achieve a goal and reward yourself. Strive for constant improvement. Setting new goals really gives your life meaning and makes you happy.