Another one of my favorite breakfast recipes is heuvos rancheros because it’s a little different than the normal healthy breakfast meals that I eat.
I am able to get new ingredients into my breakfast meals that add a huge variety to my daily meals.
This breakfast is going to provide you with many benefits:
- Egg yolks contain many antioxidant properties
- Egg yolks help in the prevention of cancer and cardiovascular disease
- Eggs are a great source of selenium, riboflavin, vitamin B12, and phosphorus
- Tomatoes contain powerful antioxidants such as lycopene
- Tomatoes also include vitamin E, beta carotene, vitamin C, and manganese
- Avocados contain monounsaturated fats that keep blood sugar stable
- Cilantro will help you fight off colds and viruses due to anti-viral and anti-bacterial compounds
- Cilantro alleviates arthritis
- Cilantro helps prevent alzheimer’s by helping to remove heavy metals from your body
- Cilantro reduces free radical damage
- Cilantro helps to control blood sugar levels
And the above health benefits are just a few of the benefits. Notice that you should be eating whole eggs. If you have any objections to eating whole eggs, please read my article on Egg Nutrition.
You’re also going to be adding other amazing ingredients to this meal such as green chili peppers, black beans, butter from grass fed cows, cheese from grass fed cows, fresh salsa, lime, and black pepper. Each of these ingredients provide amazing benefits too!
All of these ingredients allow you to flood your body with amazing nutrients that are going to not only help you build muscle and burn fat BUT also help you to feel great.
Let’s get straight to the heuvos rancheros recipe so you can add this amazing breakfast meal to your regular rotation of healthy breakfast recipes.
Ingredients for Heuvos Rancheros
2 large whole eggs from free range chickens
6 oz of black beans
1 small avocado sliced
1 small can of green chili peppers
1/4 cup of cheese from grass-fed cows
1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon of butter from grass-fed cows
1/2 of a small tomato
2 teaspoons of fresh salsa
1 lime squeezed for juice
sea salt to taste
black pepper to taste
small dabs of sour cream from grass-fed cows
Directions for Heuvos Rancheros
1. Get your skillet out and heat to medium. Melt the teaspoon of butter in your skillet.
2. Fry both of your whole eggs from pasture raised chicken sunny side up.
3. While you are frying your eggs in one skillet, get a pan out and make your mixture of black beans and green chili peppers. Heat this mixture until it is warm to hot.
4. Put your bean and pepper mixture on the bottom of your plate and follow that with your fried eggs. Then add all of your other ingredients.
5. Be sure to place your cheese on top of your eggs as they are warm so the cheese will melt nicely over the eggs.
6. Add the slices of avocado, fresh cilantro, slices of tomato, and 2 teaspoons of salsa.
7. Add the lime juice, fresh salsa, salt, and pepper to the top. Place the small dabs of sour cream last. You might want to get the sour cream out early and let it warm up since it will be cold from the refrigerator.
8. Take your time eating this meal and enjoy! This will become a favorite as it will lead to an amazing body and will help you feel amazing throughout the morning.
Nutrition Facts for Heuvos Rancheros
This healthy heuvos rancheros recipe has an amazing amount of nutrition. If you need fewer calories, you can always cut down on the portions for this recipe. For example, use a smaller amount of cheese, beans, etc. The nutrition facts you see below are for the exact amounts shown above.
This heuvos rancheros has approximately 800 calories but can be scaled up or down based on your calorie intake needs.
The high cholesterol content comes from the eggs, but please read the egg nutrition article I linked to earlier so you will understand this high level of cholesterol is healthy for you. Your body regulates cholesterol levels on its own. Cholesterol from eggs is very healthy for you.
Vitamins and Minerals for Heuvos Rancheros
Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats for Heuvos Rancheros
Something You May Have Noticed About My Recipe
I did not include any tortillas of any type. I personally don’t think you need them as they don’t add much to the recipe.
If you must have some type of tortilla make sure you choose the healthiest type possible.
Brown rice tortillas are a good choice if you must have a tortilla. Sprouted wheat can also be a good choice. Just remember that most wheat tortillas are not very healthy for you.
This healthy breakfast recipe of heuvos rancheros tastes very good without the tortillas. It’s your choice, though. Add them in if you must.
Recipe Download: Heuvos Rancheros
Download the Recipe in pdf format and keep in your kitchen or recipe book. Simply right click on the file name below and save to your computer. You can print out from your computer.
Free Recipe Download Heuvos Rancheros: Download
You should start making your own cookbook by including the Huevos Rancheros healthy breakfast recipe from WLC.