All of the overhead press exercise alternatives you can use in the WLC weight lifting workouts will be listed here on this page.
I’ve created a list of overhead press exercise alternatives you can substitute in any of the workouts you find in the weight lifting workouts section.
List of Overhead Press Exercise Alternatives
Overhead Press Exercise Substitutions. The overhead press just may be the best upper body exercise or at least the best show of upper body strength. You need to really work hard on the overhead press exercises given below.
– Standing Overhead Press. This is the recommended starting exercise for the overhead press. Work on getting really strong on this one and then start cycling through other exercises.
– Seated Overhead Press. I’m not a huge fan of exercises that don’t use your body as a full unit. The seated overhead press takes your lower body out of the exercise but this can be useful if needed.
– Parallel Grip Overhead Press. Using dumbbells will allow you to have a parallel grip which gives the exercise a much different feel. You might actually be able to lift heavier weights with this grip which is always beneficial.
– Push Press. I am a big fan of exercises that really push your limits. The push press allows you to use your lower body just as you would in a real life situation to press the biggest amount of weight possible over your head.
– One Arm Overhead Press. The one arm overhead press is one of my personal favorite exercises and one you don’t see very many people using in commercial gyms. You can really lift heavy weights with this exercise and use your entire body to help press the weight.
– High Incline Bench Press. A very steep angle on your bench can really move the target of the bench press from the chest to the shoulders. Try this if you have a weak chest as this can work both your shoulders and upper chest very well.
Do You Know of Any Other Overhead Press Exercise Alternatives?
I am always looking for new weight lifting exercises and especially overhead press exercise alternatives.
If you have any weight lifting exercises that you don’t see listed above, please leave a comment below and I’ll add your exercise to the list you see here.