You will find weight lifting techniques of all types here on this page. From proper form and technique on the squat to developing a proper plan of progression for your workouts. You'll find it all here.
This page is very important because you're going to learn techniques that will help you gain strength much faster. The key to building muscle is getting stronger and the key to getting stronger is building muscle. The two go hand-in-hand with each other.
I will continue adding new weight lifting techniques to this page over time so be sure you come back and visit often.
Weight Lifting Techniques for Exercises
Weight Lifting Techniques for Exercises. Lifting weights with proper form and technique leads to faster strength gains because you use your body in the correct way. Learn how to do all exercises correctly, and you'll be way ahead of most people in the gym.
– Proper Weight Lifting Technique. I lifted weights for 7 years before I really learned proper technique on the big compound weight lifting exercises. I highly recommend you DON'T follow my lead on that one. Instead, learn proper technique now and your results will skyrocket.
– How to Do Squats. This is a complete guide in learning how to do the squat properly. Squats can be dangerous to your knees and even your lower back if you don't learn how to do them correctly.
– Squat Technique. Squats are one of the, if not the, MOST rewarding exercises in existence. If you aren't doing squats, you're missing out on some GREAT improvements in your physique. Squats improve your entire body! Do them properly, and you'll see what I mean after a couple of months of consistent squatting.
– Bench Press Technique. Proper bench press technique might surprise you. You'll be able to instantly lift heavier weight once you learn just a few of these techniques. There are so many people doing the bench press improperly. Don't be one of them!
– Overhead Press Technique. Once I learned proper form and technique on the overhead press, the weight I was using skyrocketed to new highs for me. You can do the same. Take your time practicing this movement and especially using your hips to increase your performance on this awesome exercise. This exercise is one of my favorites.
– Pendlay Rows Technique. I get so many complaints of people despising bent over rows as an exercise. Well, Pendlay Rows are much different. You won't place constant stress on your lower back if you do these properly. This is one of the 7 core weight lifting exercises here at WLC, so rows are an absolute must.
– Deadlift Technique. One of the top 2 weight lifting exercises is the deadlift. Many doctors tell you this exercise is dangerous. Well, you're actually living dangerously if you don't work on building a strong back. I have never had a back injury since doing deadlifts. Do them properly, and you'll build a strong and powerful back.
– Correct Exercise Form. I'll show you examples of people giving bad advice on correct exercise form. I'll also tell you why I believe in what I call “loose” form on some exercises. You'll find out the best weight lifting exercises are the ones that require practice since they use a large number of muscle groups.
– Unique Weight Lifting Tips. Here's several unique tips for your weight lifting workouts that you can start using today. You'll really like these tips.
Weight Lifting Techniques for Your Weight Lifting Program
Weight Lifting Techniques for Your Weight Lifting Program. You need to know how to use certain techniques for your workout program as a whole. As an example, when do you increase the weight on a given exercise? Or, what do you do when you begin stalling on an exercise?
– Weight Lifting is One of The Secrets. If you want a lean, toned, muscular, and ripped body then weight lifting is THE KEY. But you have to know the secret to weight lifting and that secret is what makes it the KEY to getting this type of body.
– Big Weight Lifting Mistake. Here's one of the biggest mistakes you don't want to make in weight lifting.
– Increasing the Weight Each Workout. The MOST important factor in building muscle is increasing the weight as often as possible. With proper design of a program, you should be able to increase the weight every workout until you begin stalling. Even then, you'll have a plan to continue increasing the weight.
– Simple But Effective Plan of Progression. Every weight lifting workout program you'll find here at WLC includes a plan of progression. This simple example will show you what a plan of progression really means. You can use this for any weight lifting program as well.
– 13 Tips to Getting Started with Weight Lifting. The number 13 isn't unlucky. These 13 tips will get you started on the right track with weight training. You'll learn to choose the right people to listen to in the gym. Hint: Just because someone looks great doesn't mean they know how to help you.
– Plan Your Weight Lifting Progress. You must always have a plan. Going to the gym without a plan will lead to mediocre, at best, results. You need to have a plan to make progress when lifting weights. Your goal is to always get better each and every workout. Meet that goal, and your body has no choice but to change for you.
– Focus on Weight Lifting. What should you be focusing on during your weight lifting workouts? Should it be to burn as many calories as possible? Find out what you need to focus on. When you use this technique for your program, things really start changing for you.
– Finding the Perfect Weight Lifting Intensity. Every single person on Earth is different from one another. The intensity you need to build muscle AND recover from the workouts is going to be different than the next person. I will show you how to find the perfect weight lifting intensity for you.
– How Much Weight to Lift. A common question beginners have to WLC is how much weight should I be lifting? You need to simply start out with light weights and increase over time. I'll explain why starting out with light weights is so important. Don't let your ego mess with you.
– The Key to Getting Results from Your Weight Lifting Program. Using the WLC System gives you a complete system that optimizes every aspect of your weight lifting program. Your body has no choice but to change as quickly as possible.
Weight Lifting Techniques for Your Sets and Reps
Weight Lifting Techniques for Your Sets and Reps. Learn different techniques such as rest pause training, supersets, and pre-exhaustion. You shouldn't be using any advanced techniques until you are very strong using straight sets.
– Rest Pause Training. This is a highly advanced technique that builds muscle and strength fast for advanced lifters. Don't try this until you've worked your way through the different levels of weight lifting workouts here at WLC.
– Cable System for Squat Raises. I've seen so many people struggle to do squat raises for their calves. Many try to lift a heavy barbell and place it on their legs. This can be dangerous. Try this instead.
Mental Weight Lifting Techniques
Mental Weight Lifting Techniques. Your brain can be one of your biggest allies or one of your biggest enemies when lifting weights. Learn techniques that will put your brain on your side during a heavy set of squats or any other mentally demanding exercise.
– 10 Weight Lifting Secrets. I'll give you 10 of my secrets to use during your weight lifting workouts. Find ones that work best for you, and use them for each workout. You'll get stronger much faster using these mental techniques.
– Weight Lifting Mental Barrier. Much of the success in weight lifting and the muscle you build is a result of a strong mind. Don't let your mind stop you from making progress.
– Weight Lifting Music. You need to find your own weight lifting music that gives you that boost at just the right time in your workouts. I'll show you what music you need to look for in this article.
– The Best Workout Music. The right music can give you instant strength gains. Your mind is very powerful and using the right music will bring out that brain power, which affects other functions within your body.