This is the home page for the WLC System section here at Weight Lifting Complete. Every page within the WLC System is linked back to this page for easy navigation.
Every section of the WLC System is linked to below. If you're going to follow the WLC System, please make sure you go through each section. Each link below is meant to be studied in the order given.
Prelude to the WLC System
Make sure you read the disclaimer for the WLC System. Please do not believe any of this website to be an authority over your doctor. Your doctor knows you best so please consult him or her in everything that you do. Also, I provide so much for free because I truly want to help you.
– A personal message from Josh to You
– Why is all this free? What's the Catch?
– How do I make money?
– Read your Bible every day
– Something you should know before you start
– Add my email address to your contacts list
– Disclaimer for using the WLC System
– Follow federal and international copyright law
I do sell some things on this site, ads are shown, and links are given to products I recommend. This is how I make money, and I appreciate any amount from you. Please know that every amount that is made goes to good causes. I give above and beyond what is required from God to my Church, and my family and I are constantly doing as much as we can to help others. We sincerely thank you for anything you do to help Weight Lifting Complete. And I never forget so thank you.
Weight lifting is one of my favorite things ever. It's more fun than any sport I have ever played except baseball. I sure do love my baseball. I hope you enjoy weight lifting as much as I, and I think you will once you see the results you'll get with the WLC System.
– All things are possible to those who believe
– The struggle against the weights
– The true purpose of weight lifting
– Building a balanced body
– The best weight lifting exercises
– Squat exercise substitutions
– Deadlift exercise substitutions
– Bench press exercise substitutions
– Row exercise substitutions
– Overhead press exercise substitutions
– Chin up exercise substitutions
– Dip exercise substitutions
– Exercises by Major Muscle Group
– Free weights versus machines
– Maximizing results through proper technique
– Home gym versus commercial gym
– Weight lifting equipment for your home gym
– The mentality and attitude you need
– Weight lifting secrets to lift heavier weight
– Proper warm up to increase your performance
Please make sure you learn how to do all the weight lifting exercises properly. Even if you are an experienced weight lifter, it never hurts to learn more and to achieve even better technique on all weight lifting exercises. Work on that and work on the mental aspect of weight lifting. Don't let your mind stop you from quitting too early on exercises. This is a big mistake that many people make. But you also know when you need to stop to prevent injury as well.
Diet and Nutrition
Wow! Food is much more important than most of us believe. I have learned that over and over throughout my life. You do not need any junk food in your life. Junk food makes you feel worse, takes energy, increases body fat, hurts your health, and takes precious nutrients away from your body that could be used for more important things.
– True purpose of food
– Most important nutrient in your body
– What not to drink
– Everything about protein
– Everything about carbohydrates
– Everything about fat
– Law of energy balance
– How to count calories
– Temporary weight loss
– Macronutrient manipulation
– Meal frequency and timing
– Meal plan layout
– Jump starting your recovery with pre and post workout meals
– Estimating calories you need
– Calorie cycling for amazing results
– Cheat meals
– Making diet adjustments
– Sample meal plan
– Best food sources
Listen, as this is very important. THE most important thing for your diet and nutrition is to eat all whole foods that are unprocessed and organic. When you do so, you need less food as your body is getting MORE nutrients. This automatically helps your recovery from weight lifting and decreases body fat at a much higher rate.
Cardiovascular exercise is highly important to your health and your body. You cannot leave cardio out of your new program. Cardio is a must. You must stay active each and every day. You can't just lay around any day of the week. You do get to rest more on God's Day of Rest, but you don't need to just lay around all day. Get up and move. Spend time with your family and friends.
– You must include cardio
– Back to the basics of cardio
– Aerobic versus anaerobic
– The secret to burning fat
– Increasing activity versus decreasing calories
– Different types of cardiovascular exercise
– Measuring heart rate
– Heart rate devices
– Burning calories and creating a deficit
– Cardiovascular exercise and activities
– High intensity interval training
– Making cardio progress
– Burn more fat at the right times
– Your body will adapt
– How to make cardio fun and exciting
– Muscle building cardio strategy
– Fat burning cardio strategy
– Cardio points to remember
The main purpose of cardio is to improve your health and to burn body fat quickly. Cardio helps you feel better and look better so why not do this regularly? I suggest you always do cardio no matter your goals. If someone tells you not to do cardio because you are trying to gain weight, please ignore that advice. I took that advice a long time ago, and it got me into some health problems. I did gain weight fast, but nothing is worth health issues.
Measuring Results and Making Adjustments
In order to make adjustments to your personalized program, you must measure your results. How do you know if something needs to be changed if you aren't measuring the progress you are making? This is where every other program in existence fails and this is why the WLC System is THE MOST powerful muscle building and fat loss system on this planet. I was never taught how to do any of this, but my engineering background really helped and it truly JUST makes sense.
– Key to making consistent progress
– Vital pieces of information to measure
– Importance of a high quality log book
– Weekly assessment
– Making adjustments
– Taking accurate measurements
– Tools for taking measurements
– Weigh yourself correctly
– Taking body part measurements
– Taking skinfold measurements
– Using other skinfold measurements
– Calculating muscle mass and fat mass
– Using a body progress sheet
– Taking pictures and using the mirror
Measuring results is one of the funnest parts of the WLC System. I have received so many messages about amazing results since the year 2007. You are next. It will happen. You can do this. Make sure to get those before pictures for yourself! You'll love the after pictures!
Rest and Recovery
Rest and recovery may not sound very important, but it's an absolute MUST. If you aren't resting well and recovering well, you aren't going to make any progress at all. The period of rest and recovery from workouts is when you are making all of the progress. This is when your body is making changes based on all the work you've put into this.
– Introduction to rest and recovery
– Intensity and conditioning are key
– Myth of full muscle recovery
– Measuring your recovery levels
– Factors affecting recovery
– Decreasing stress levels
– Getting quality sleep each night
– Foam roller and self massage
– The hot tub and other workout recovery techniques
– Weighted stretching
– The required break from weight lifting workouts
You must be sleeping well each night. You must be feeling great each day. If you feel run down, then maybe you need an extra day or two of rest. You'll find out how to make all of those decisions at the pages above.
Building muscle is a mystery to many people, but you'll see that it's actually very easy with the WLC System. The workouts aren't easy. You have to put in the work, and hard work at that, but you'll see thatit's easy to do once you figure out the WLC System.
– Forcing your body to change
– How to provide the muscle building stimulus
– Optimal frequency of weight lifting workouts
– Optimal intensity for building muscle
– Significance of the burn
– Delayed onset muscle soreness
– How to perform each rep to build muscle
– Importance of strength
– Relationship between strength and size
– 3 factors for building muscle consistently
– Creating the optimal muscle building environment
In order to build muscle, you've got to work on getting stronger. In order to get stronger, you've got to build more muscle. Do you see? The pages above will go into much more detail about building muscle.
Fat burning is fun and gives you instant gratification. It's always fun when you finish a workout with less body fat than before you started! You can do that now using all of the fat loss techniques in the WLC System.
– Adapting to fat loss and weight loss programs
– Low calorie diets
– Difference in weight loss and fat loss
– Creating a calorie deficit
– Disguising the calorie deficit
– How to burn fat
– Importance of muscle for fat loss
– Reducing fat around your waist
– Increased number of meals
– Importance of water intake
Make sure you read all of the pages above as many include awesome tips and tricks for burning body fat. You need to understand why every little decision you make will determine how much body fat you burn each week.
Planning and Goal Setting
You need to set some realistic goals that you can meet and go after them. It's always awesome to set daily goals and to know that you met them all at the end of each day. Go day by day, then week by week, then month by month. Once you do that, you'll look in the mirror one day and be amazed!
– Setting your mind
– Hard work
– Self confidence
– Setting goals
– Expectations for building muscle and burning fat
– Writing out your goals
– Power of visualization
– Power of repetition
– Reaching your goals
When you get to the end of a program, you need to celebrate! Celebrating is the best. But the real reward is your new mind and your new body. You'll know the hard work that it takes to get the body you want. And you will appreciate your new body and treat it well from here on out.
Conclusion to the WLC System
Navigation Links for the WLC System
You are currently at the top level page for the WLC System. From here, you can go to the Weight Lifting Complete home page OR try one of the other main sections related to the WLC System:
At the links above, you'll find weight lifting workouts and step-by-step programs based on the WLC System for both men and women. Or, you can go back to the home page and explore one of the other main sections of the Weight Lifting Complete site.
This is where you are here at Weight Lifting Complete:
You're here: WLC \ WLC System