Zucchini noodle spaghetti and meat sauce is a healthy recipe my wife came up with as she loves zucchini.
Most spaghetti noodles that are based on wheat are not healthy at all and negatively affect your body. Due to this, we didn’t have spaghetti and meat sauce for many years. I love spaghetti and especially the meat sauce so my wife found a way.
I absolutely love this healthy recipe and am very thankful for zucchini. The entire recipe tastes great and is extremely beneficial to your body.
Ingredients for Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
– 1 Pound Grass-Fed Beef
– 1 Onion Organic Chopped
– 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
– 2 Cans Organic Tomato Sauce (28 oz Total)
– 1 Can Organic Tomato Paste (6 oz)
– 2 Tablespoons Oregano
– 1/2 Teaspoon Honey from Local Farmer
– 3 Fresh Basil Leaves Ground
– 1 Fresh Bay Leaf Ground
– 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
– 1/4 Cup White Wine
– 1 Teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 Zucchini Organic
– 3 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Directions for Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
1. You’re going to be making the meat sauce first as it’s going to take around 60 minutes to cook.
2. You’ll then work on getting the noddles ready and begin cooking those as the noodles will cook for only 5 minutes or so. You’ll want to time this properly so the noodles are nice and hot when ready to eat.
3. To start the meat sauce, saute your onions using 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil in a large pan. Use medium heat and saute until onions are tender.
4. Once onions are tender, add the 2 cloves of minced garlic and the 1 pound of ground beef. Continue cooking and stirring the mixture until the beef is browned.
5. Once beef is browned, you can add all of the rest of the meat sauce ingredients. Stir in all ingredients and decrease heat to low.
6. Allow meat sauce to simmer for approximately 1 hour while stirring a few times during this 1 hour time period.
7. While meat sauce is finishing up, begin preparation of zucchini noodles by washing and cleaning zucchini first.
8. Use a vegetable spiralizer to turn the zucchini into noodles. Don’t peel the zucchini so you’re getting all of the nutritional benefits from the skin too.
9. Use another pan and saute the zucchini noodles over medium heat with 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil. Now you have 1 pan of meat sauce cooking over low heat and your zucchini noodles in another pan cooking over medium heat.
10. Cook the zucchini noodles until tender.
11. When ready to serve, place the hot zucchini noodles on the serving plates first and drizzle a small amount of extra virgin olive oil over the noodles. Top with the warm meat sauce mixture.
12. Thoroughly enjoy this amazing healthy recipe. There are so many health benefits within this recipe plus muscle building and fat loss benefits as well.
13. Thank God for giving you the ability to cook this meal. Also thank Him for all the amazing food He has given us on this earth to keep us healthy. Pray and ask Him to nourish your body and heal your body of any issues. Pray for others close to you and pray for a random person not so close to you.
Nutrition Facts for Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Vitamins and Minerals for Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats for Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Other Options for the Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
You might want to top this spaghetti recipe with some 100% real mozzarella cheese from grass-fed cows. Tastes absolutely amazing especially when you add it over top when the meat sauce is still hot.
You also might want to add a healthy side salad with various leafy green vegetables.
Also add any additional herbs and spices that you might enjoy in this healthy dinner recipe.
Something that goes very well with this recipe is fresh mushrooms. Mushrooms are a very powerful food so add as many mushrooms as you like! They taste great in the meat sauce.
Shaved carrots also are awesome in this recipe and something we have added for additional nutrition. Any color bell peppers (green, red, yellow, orange) are also great with this recipe and a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED addition. Remember, the more variety you can add to a meal the more benefits you receive.
Be sure to make plenty for your lunch meal the next day. This recipe heats up very well. You might want to make enough for a few different meals.
Recipe Download: Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
Download the Recipe in pdf format and keep in your kitchen or recipe book. Simply right click on the file name below and save to your computer. You can print out from your computer.
Free Recipe Download Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce: Download
You should start making your own cookbook by including the Zucchini Noodle Spaghetti and Meat Sauce healthy recipe from WLC. You can not only have this for dinner, but make some extra for your lunch the next day.