This healthy chicken fiesta salad is certainly healthy as you'll see in the nutrition facts.
I actually crave many of the ingredients in this salad and love to eat this salad as often as possible.
The ingredients you'll find in this healthy salad recipe are all amazing when it comes to nutrition and flavor.
For example, the jalapeno pepper is just one small piece of this salad but it does so much for you. The jalapeno pepper fights cancer, fights inflammation, lowers blood pressure, helps digestive issues, and helps you burn body fat. And that's just a few of the benefits of just one small ingredient in this amazingly healthy salad.
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
– 1 Pound Chicken Breast Grilled and Shredded Marinade in Healthy Italian Dressing
– 4 Boiled Eggs from Pasture-Raised Chickens
– 1 Large Head of Napa or Celery Cabbage Organic Sliced
– 1 Large Head of Red Lettuce Organic Sliced
– 1/2 Green Bell Pepper Sliced
– 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
– 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
– 1/2 Red Onion Minced
– 1 Cucumber Organic Sliced Thin
– 2 Roma Tomatoes Chopped
– 2 Green Mexican Tomatoes Chopped
– 1/2 Avocado Diced
– 1/2 Cup Black Beans Drained
– 1 Jalapeno Pepper Minced
– 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
– 1/4 Cup Sunflower Seeds
– 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
– 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
– 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
– 1/4 Cup Shallots Chopped
– 1/2 Cup Cilantro Chopped
– 1/2 Lime for Freshly Squeezed Juice
– 1/2 Lemon for Freshly Squeezed Juice
– Sea Salt to Taste
– Black Pepper to Taste
Directions for Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
1. Marinade chicken breasts overnight in healthy Italian dressing.
2. Cook chicken breasts on grill slowly while you prepare salad.
3. Boil 4 whole eggs, peel, and slice into thin slices. Set aside for salad.
4. Place all other salad ingredients (not salad dressing ingredients) into a very large salad bowl and toss the salad to mix all ingredients as evenly as possible.
5. Once chicken is finished grilling, shred the chicken with a fork to create thin strips of grilled chicken. Place the chicken on top of the salad. DO this quickly so chicken is warm when served just to get a better experience.
6. Place the slices of boiled eggs on top of the salad.
7. Drizzle salad dressing over the entire salad and serve.
8. Take your time eating this salad and recognize each of the ingredients as you slowly chew each bite. Learn to take your time eating and enjoy the food God has given us. Thank God for every bite you take.
Nutrition Facts for Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
This healthy chicken salad provides you with up to 6 servings or more depending on your diet plan. You'll find the total recipe contains about 4300 calories.
If you divide the nutrition facts below by 6, you'll find about 715 calories each serving, 29 grams of protein, 58 grams of carbohydrates, and 45 grams of fat. All food sources that go into this recipe are extremely healthy and packed with nutrients.
Please remember that when you're using all nutrient dense foods for your healthy recipes that you don't have to worry so much about protein, carbohydrate, or fat grams. If you flood your body with nutrients, everything will work out for the best.
You can feel great about including this healthy recipe in your overall diet and nutrition program.
Vitamins and Minerals for Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats for Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
Other Options for the Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
As with any salad, the options are almost unlimited. For example, you might add some strips of bacon to this salad if you're looking for more protein.
You can try different types of dressing as this salad dressing is based on extra virgin olive oil. You might try some different oils and add some different vinegars as well. Oil and vinegar based dressings are very healthy. I like to base some salad dressings on Udo's Choice oil which is very high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which are highly important.
You can add just about any vegetables you like to this salad.
A good side you can place on the edge of your plate is cottage cheese. Add cottage cheese on the side if you want to add protein to this meal. You can also add some fruit on the side with the cottage cheese to pack your meal with an even greater number of nutrients.
Fresh garden salsa is another great addition to this chicken fiesta salad. It will definitely make the overall salad more festive! Have fun with this recipe.
Mushrooms and olives are another great addition to this salad. Experiment and let me know what you add so I can try for myself.
Recipe Download: Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad
Download the Recipe in pdf format and keep in your kitchen or recipe book. Simply right click on the file name below and save to your computer. You can print out from your computer.
Free Recipe Download Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad: Download
You should start making your own cookbook by including the Healthy Chicken Fiesta Salad healthy recipe from WLC.