I'm going to provide you information on both healthy drinks and unhealthy drinks here on this page. This is information you really need to know because what you put into your body throughout the day truly matters.
You might think you know everything about healthy and unhealthy drinks, but I can almost guarantee you that you learn something here.
Healthy drinks are required if you want to turn your body and health around. So many people sabotage their results through their unhealthy drink choices.
You could eat healthy and powerful whole foods 100% of the time AND sabotage all of that with unhealthy drink choices. You might be surprised that what you thought were healthy drinks REALLY aren't healthy at all.
What you choose to drink is just as important as what you choose to eat. I want you to understand what drinks are truly healthy so you can start drinking the right things as soon as possible.
Water. The absolute MOST important nutrient in the body is water! You must be drinking clean water throughout each day as your body needs water. Notice I said water. I didn't say Coke or Mountain Dew or any other soda. I said clean and pure water.
– Filtered Water. This should be the staple of what you drink throughout the day. You need to make sure you have clean water to drink at all times.
– Coconut Water. I put coconut water in this category even though it isn't water. I love to have coconut water during one of my weight lifting workouts each week. I only have it once per week since the cost is too much for multiple times per week.
– The MOST Important Nutrient. Find out why water is THE most important nutrient to your body. If you deprive your body of fresh water, you'll find yourself in a very unhealthy state. Water is HIGHLY important to your results and to your health.
– Drinking Water. Here are many more benefits of drinking water throughout the day. You'll find why fast fat loss depends on water so much.
– Daily Water Intake. What's your daily water intake like? Do you drink water throughout the day? You can also drink too much water so make sure you're getting just the right amount as explained in this article.
Tea. Tea is second only to water for the world's most widely consumed drink. The benefits of all the different types of tea are simply amazing. If you aren't drinking a large variety of tea regularly, you really need to start.
– Green Tea. Considered to be a cooling tea with a large number of antioxidants. Green tea is sometimes regarded as the healthiest drink in existence.
– Black Tea. Black tea is one of my personal favorites. I use this many times before a weight lifting workout due to it's caffeine content. Black teas has a strong flavor that I love. I think you'll like it too.
– White Tea. White tea is minimally processed tea. When something isn't processed, that usually means it's even better for you. You need to find a good and trustworthy source of tea, though.
– Oolong Tea. Oolong tea is an amazingly healthy tea for you to drink. This is a traditional Chinese tea. This tea is packed with vitamins and minerals.
– Herbal Tea. You have to be careful with some herbal teas as they may contain harmful ingredients to your body (and not harmful to others). There is usually a large mixture of different ingredients in herbal tea, and this means they can be VERY powerful for you as well.
– Rooibos Tea. Rooibos actually means “red bush” and this bush grows in South Africa. Sometimes this tea is called bush tea or redbush tea. A good thing about this tea is no caffeine content which is great for later in the day or if you're trying to keep caffeine intake low (as I do).
– Mate Tea. This tea is also known as yerba mate tea. This tea is rich in caffeine. Many people describe the energy boost from this tea as gentle and calm. Many athletes even go to this tea to help improve their performance. This is a great tea!
– Blooming Tea. This is also called flowering tea as well as blooming tea. This tea is made by binding tea leaves and flowers together into a bulb. As the tea steeps, the flower blooms.
– Tea Blends. You simply combine different tea to make an even more powerful combination. You get different benefits from each of the blends you use.
Vegetable Juices. The best option for vegetable juice is to juice your own. You can add some fruit to give it more flavor but many times vegetables will overpower the taste of the fruit. When you make vegetable juice yourself, you know what's in it.
– V8 Vegetable Juice. Never allow V8 juice to replace your daily intake of real vegetables. V8 is also high in sodium so you shouldn't have it often throughout the week. I have this in the healthy drinks section because it can be great around workouts or for breakfast once per week with other whole foods.
Lemonade and Limeade
Lemonade and Limeade. I highly recommend a huge glass of water with a freshly squeezed lemon, freshly squeezed lime, or both. Have one at breakfast, lunch, and dinner OR at least once per day. These drinks can help cleanse your body and make you clean inside.
– Lemonade. Healthy lemonade MUST come directly from fresh squeezed lemons and water. That's it. If you're adding other things like “natural” sweeteners (stevia, splenda, etc), then you can move this on down to the unhealthy drinks section. Real honey from a local farmer can be used to sweeten if needed but nothing else. Keep it healthy! It tastes GREAT.
– Limeade. Adding freshly squeezed limes to your glass of water for dinner is a great way to add POWER to your meals. Limes are extremely good for you. Take advantage of this and flavor your water with lime only.
Fermented Drinks. Fermented drinks are VERY powerful. If you want a healthy body and even better fat burning and muscle building results, you need to be having fermented drinks throughout each week. These drinks can literally change your life! You need them (especially in today's world of medicine and horrible food) so have them.
– Apple Cider Vinegar. You can take this first thing in the morning, before meals, or after meals. You might not like the taste of this at first as it was difficult for me, BUT my body began to want this stuff all the time. There are so many health benefits of apple cider vinegar.
– Kombucha Tea. This is one of my personal favorite fermented drinks. I absolutely love Kombucha tea. And I make it myself so I know exactly how it's made. You can do the same. It's very easy. You just have to wait a week or so for it be ready to drink (the first batch at least). You can keep multiple batches going so it's always available. This is a great daily drink.
– Root Beer. Root beer contains some powerful ingredients. It's actually not difficult to make if you have all the right ingredients. I highly recommend root boor as a treat throughout the year. I love root beer!
– Red Wine. Make your own red wine. Could be fun, right? If you make it yourself, you'll know what you're getting. This is a truly healthy drink in moderation.
– Water Kefir. This is another way to add healthy bacteria to your body. Water kefir is also not difficult to make. If you're looking for a probiotic drink, this is a great one. Improve your health by drinking this throughout the week.
Coffee. Straight coffee can be very healthy for you in moderation. You don't need coffee every day of the week throughout the day. The amount of caffeine is absolutely ridiculous and is very addicting to your body. So I place coffee in the healthy drinks section, BUT you can make it very unhealthy as well.
Many of these unhealthy drinks are going to surprise you. Many people place orange juice into their list of healthy drinks, BUT the type you get at the typical grocery store is VERY unhealthy for you.
Yes, there are some vitamins within the drink BUT there are also vitamins in other junk foods and drinks as well. You simply don't eat or drink unhealthy just to get a few vitamins. Your body has to use other nutrients just to help get rid of that junk from your body. So it's better to always eat and drink healthy.
– Orange Juice. The typical orange juice you find at grocery stores is concentrated sugar flavored with some oranges. Some of the orange juice drinks have no oranges at all! Companies want to maximize profits and putting real oranges in might hurt their HUGE profits. Be careful.
– Dangerous Drinks. Here's a very good list of unhealthy drinks that you must stay away from if you want to stay healthy and get the fastest results possible. There are probably several on this list that you are drinking today.