Healthy soups like this healthy vegetable beef soup are one of the best ways to pack a meal full of nutrition.
Soups comprise many of the healthiest meals in existence.
I know you've heard of mothers making their sick children soup to help them get better faster. Have you ever stopped and thought about why this is a tradition with many families?
It's because the soups are packed full of so many nutrients that will fight sickness. Instead of waiting to get sick, though, I say we take a different strategy and have healthy soups often to prevent sickness in the first place.
You're going to love this vegetable beef soup recipe. It's one of my favorites!
Ingredients for Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
32 Ounces Filtered Water
1 Pound of Beef Stew Meat from Grass-Fed Cows
1 Can Plum Tomatoes Organic (28 Ounces)
1/2 Head of Cabbage Organic
1 Yellow Squash Organic Chopped
1 Zucchini Organic Chopped
1/2 Pound (8 ounces) of Green Beans Organic
1/2 Red Onion Organic Chopped
1/2 Yellow Onion Organic Chopped
2 Red Potatoes with Skin Cubed
2 Celery Stalks Organic Chopped
2 Carrots Organic Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic Minced
2 Tablespoons Parsley Fresh Organic
3 Teaspoons Dried Oregano
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/8 Teaspoon Dried Basil
1/8 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
2 Teaspoons Hot Pepper Flakes
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt to Taste
Black Pepper Ground to Taste
Directions for Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
1. Make sure you wash all the vegetables very well to remove any harmful substances.
2. Use a large pan with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil on medium heat to slightly brown the 1 pound of beef stew meat.
3. Add oregano, nutmeg, dried basil, dried thyme, hot pepper flakes, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, sea salt, and pepper to the same pan with the stew meat.
4. Cover the large pan and cook on medium heat until the onion is tender. Stir a couple times while cooking for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the 32 ounces of filtered water, plum tomatoes, separated and chopped cabbage leaves, squash, zucchini, green beans, and red potatoes to the large pan with the stew meat mixture.
6. Let the entire soup mixture simmer for 1 hour with the lid partially covering the pan.
7. Once mixture has been cooking for about an hour, add the parsley and additional sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to the soup. Stir well.
8. Enjoy the fresh soup for dinner and make plenty for lunch the next day. Take your time and really taste each of the ingredients in the soup. This is amazing soup.
Nutrition Facts for Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
The nutrition facts shown below are for approximately 4 servings of vegetable soup.
If you take a close look at the nutrition facts, you'll find that this soup has an unbelievable amount of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients. The soup contains many other healthy ingredients that aren't even listed here too!
Check out the vitamin C content! And you wonder why mothers all over the world feed their kids vegetable soup when they are sick. This is why. Also look at the vitamin A, vitamin K, and other vitamins. This soup just might be the healthiest recipe you'll ever find. It's amazing for its nutrient content and tastes amazing too.
18 out of 25 vitamins and minerals listed are above 100% daily value. That is amazing for a single recipe and something that is tough to duplicate in any meal.
Whatever you do, though, make sure you wash all your ingredients very well to ensure the veggies do not have any harmful substances on their external surfaces.
Vitamins and Minerals for Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats for Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
Other Options for the Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
To add a huge amount of nutrition to this healthy vegetable beef soup, I want you to add in various greens like swiss chard, kale, or even spinach to to this recipe.
I didn't include them in this recipe because I want you to pick whatever you have around your kitchen and simply throw them in the soup.
A large variety of different greens is even better.
If you have other vegetables for different times of the year, throw them in the soup too. Any veggies will work great in this soup. Vegetable soup is great any time of year!
Add whatever herbs and spices you like to the soup too! Remember, the more the better. You're looking for the most amount of nutrition possible in the soup meaning you can add an unlimited amount of herbs and spices.
Another great addition to vegetable soup is beans. Lima beans, black beans, kidney beans, and the list goes on and on. Experiment with beans to see which ones you like best. Beans contain even more nutrients that your body will love.
Recipe Download: Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup
Download the Recipe in pdf format and keep in your kitchen or recipe book. Simply right click on the file name below and save to your computer. You can print out from your computer.
Free Recipe Download Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup: Download
You should start making your own cookbook by including the Healthy Vegetable Beef Soup healthy recipe from WLC.