I want to show you the muscle building and fat burning benefits of water.
And you will surely be amazed at the power of water and what it does for your body.
Is drinking plenty of water on your priority list each day? If not, it should be.
Water is THE most important nutrient in your body.
Most of your body is made of water and most of the earth is covered with water.
You need water to live.
You can go without water, at most, for about 1 week. Some people will only make it 3 or 4 days without water.
Water for your body is almost as important as oxygen.
So let's learn how and why to prioritize water so you build muscle and burn fat at the optimal rate.
If you aren't drinking enough water and instead you are drinking other unhealthy drinks, you are not building muscle and burning body fat at the optimal rate.
Do you want to get the body you want as fast as possible, or do you want to do all that hard work in the gym for nothing?
Water is that important to your results.
The Muscle Building and Fat Burning Benefits of Water
I want to give you a list of how water affects your results when using the WLC System:
1. Water lubricates your joints
If you aren't drinking plenty of water throughout the day and become dehydrated, you can eventually reduce the ability of your joints to absorb shock.
This will lead to joint pain. If you are in pain, many other things begin to occur in your body and you won't be building muscle and burning fat.
You won't want to workout because your joints are in pain. You will start making bad decisions due to the joint pain. You might give up on using the WLC System and go back to all the bad habits.
Did you know that new research tells us that 75% of Americans may be suffering from chronic dehydration? Are you one of those people?
Americans have water readily available and yet have so many problems. Same with other countries throughout the world.
The good news is you can fix joint pain and that chronic dehydration by listening to the advice on this page.
2. Water absolutely 100% maximizes physical performance
You can easily become dehydrated during exercise, workouts, working outside, playing sports, or any other intense exercise.
Just losing a couple percent of water from your body places you in a state of dehydration.
If you begin to sweat, get that water bottle out and start drinking. Better yet, start drinking more water before you start sweating.
If you are fully hydrated for your weight lifting workouts and stay fully hydrated during those workouts, you will lift heavier weight for more reps. You will build muscle.
For your cardio workouts, staying fully hydrated means you will be able to work harder and longer meaning you will burn fat.
You never want to be in ANY state of dehydration, not even the mildest, if your goal is to build muscle and burn fat.
3. Water effects your energy levels and mood levels
Your mood and energy level greatly affects your ability to make good decisions.
If I am in a bad mood, who cares about exercise? I don't. See? A bad mood turns you into a grump who just doesn't care. I've been there. I don't want to go back to that.
If you have ever made it to a point in your life where you've been healthy and full of energy, you will know that you want to feel that way all the time.
It flat out stinks to have low energy levels and to be in a bad mood all the time.
You end up treating others badly too.
I would take a wild guess and say that MOST people throughout our world have low energy levels and are in a bad mood most of the time. At least most of them are that I have encountered throughout my life. No one wants to be around people like that. Some of those “bad mood” people are so bad that they don't want to be around happy people because the happy people are ruining their bad mood.
Those people also won't workout and won't eat healthy foods. They just don't care. I would also take a wild guess and say those people don't drink water throughout the day and most likely drink coffee, soda, processed fruit juices, energy drinks, alcohol, and anything else that isn't water.
Let's get straight to it: Most people don't drink water throughout the day! This may not amaze you, but it amazes me.
Quick tip: If you start drinking water and get rid of all the other things you drink, you will save thousands of dollars on dentist bills alone. Water helps clean your mouth and keep it clean. Just think of what all that other stuff is doing to your teeth. All of that other stuff is decaying your teeth and weakening them. I only drink water, milk, and other healthy drinks and have never had a single issue with my teeth throughout my entire life.
4. Your digestive system depends on water
If you understand the power of food for building muscle and burning fat, you'll also know the importance of digesting that food properly.
When your body fully digests the healthy food you are eating, you reap all of the benefits of that food.
If you aren't staying hydrated, saliva production will not be optimal and digestion will not be optimal. Saliva moistens food so it can be swallowed easily.
Proper digestion of food starts in your mouth with saliva. Water is required to produce saliva optimally.
Did you know that dehydration will lead to digestive issues? Constipation, acid reflux, heartburn, and even stomach ulcers can result from dehydration.
16 out of every 100 Americans suffer from constipation! Wow. Not good.
If you have any of those issues, the good news is you can fix those with the WLC System.
Water is required to remove waste from your body in urine and feces (and even sweat). Getting rid of the waste properly allows your body to build muscle and burn fat. Everything works together!
5. Water maintains blood pressure
Have you ever had high blood pressure?
I have and it's not fun at all. It flat out stinks to have high blood pressure.
When you do, you don't want to do anything to aggravate it and make it higher. This includes weight lifting and exercise. If it gets too high, you feel like absolute trash and you just want to lay in the bed and do nothing.
You definitely aren't going to be in the mood to build muscle and burn fat and your body definitely won't be either.
Low levels of water within your body can cause your blood to become thicker and increase blood pressure. This is not a good thing at all and is very risky for many people.
In order to get blood pressure under control, you need to stay hydrated with water and not anything else.
6. Water prevents damage to your internal organs
One of the organs that depends on water greatly is your kidneys.
Water helps dissolve nutrients and minerals so your body can utilize these all-important nutrients! Water also helps to rid of all the waste products from your body.
Imagine not taking the trash out of your home every week and just letting it build up in your house. Wow, that would be nasty and stinky inside your house. Think of what happens within in your body and how bad you feel when you don't drink enough water. The same thing is happening within your body.
Water is absolutely VITAL to your kidneys.
Did you know your kidneys filter over 100 quarts of fluid each and every day. Your kidneys work hard for you! So you need to treat them right.
If your kidneys do not function properly, waste products and excess fluid build up inside your body.
Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) are very common infections within your body. Did you know that over 8 million visits to doctors occur in the United States alone each year due to urinary tract infections? Wow! Drinking plenty of water (and NOT other unhealthy drinks) would have prevented this.
Did you know that water is required for fat loss? If your goal is optimal fat loss, I want you to read this page I wrote on why water is needed for fat loss.
7. Water builds more muscle and burns more fat
It's important to note that the complete picture is highly important.
If you are drinking lots of water every day without drinking any unhealthy foods, you are on the right track.
But let's say you're still eating fast food for lunch every day and you sleep 5 hours each night because you have so much work to get done or you need to go out and party every night.
Or, you don't sleep because you're playing video games or watching TV or just doing anything you don't need to be doing versus getting proper rest.
Or let's say you just can't get your cardio workouts into your schedule and you don't lift weights.
Drinking water is going to help but you're not doing everything correctly. You are not going to get optimal results.
It takes a combination of ALL components of the WLC System in order for water to help you build muscle and burn fat. If you're doing everything else wrong, water isn't going to help you build muscle and burn fat.
The water will be going towards other things like getting rid of all the nasty things you are putting in your body. Chemicals from the fast food will be one of the nasty things water is helping to get rid of in your body.
So the complete picture is of the utmost importance. You must make the right changes to your life in every way. Small steps will help you get there and drinking water regularly all throughout the day is one small step.
Other Things You Need to Know About Water
I wanted to add an extra section to this page with some additional tips for drinking more water. Hope this helps!
– If you don't know how much water to drink, try to drink about a gallon or 128 ounces for men and and about 3/4 of a gallon or 96 ounces for women. This is just a guideline. If you aren't going to move much one day (not recommended) and stay inside all day, you won't need as much water. You can adjust up and down for your size too, where you live (hot, cold), etc. If you want more specific guidelines: 50 ounces of water per 1000 calories consumed (and don't starve yourself to lose weight as this is VERY bad!).
– If you are sick, drink lots more water. One of the last things I want to do when sick is drink more water, but force yourself to drink more as it will help you get better faster.
– I use a filter on my refrigerator dispenser for all my drinking water. I fill up a 32 oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle and drink 4 each day to ensure I am drinking plenty of water.
– You don't need coffee every day! I promise you that. I never drink coffee, I rest well, and I am energized and ready to go in the morning. I drink water in the morning. Helps me to feel amazing and great. I don't need coffee! I never drink coffee.
– Stop wasting money on coffee and all the expensive coffee variations. You can save thousands upon thousands of dollars every year and spend it on more important things (like paying down your home mortgage or other debt). Try it this year! You will be amazed as your bank account increases.
– Sugary fruit juices are bad. Energy drinks are bad. You don't need them. Water is much better.
– If you want to make an even more powerful drink, add lemon and lime to your glass of water. You don't need to do it all the time, but have a glass several times of week. Maybe with breakfast or lunch or dinner.
– Herbs and spices are other things you can add to your water.
– Don't drink HUGE amounts of water all at once. Sip on your water throughout the day to provide your body with a slow and steady supply of water.
– Did you know that approximately 7 percent of adults don't drink any water at all? Yes, they drink everything else but water. I know many people myself that won't drink water. This is NOT good!
– Don't drink too much water as this can be extremely bad for you too!
– Vitamin Water is NOT healthy! You don't need it. You will be getting all the vitamins and minerals you need from water and the amazing foods you will be eating with the WLC System.
– Always drink water before, during, and after your workouts.
– You will save thousands of dollars every year if you simply drink water and get rid of soda and coffee and any other unhealthy drinks. And you will save thousands more from doctor bills you would have had from all the trash you were putting in your body.
– Want to know more about what you shouldn't be drinking? Here's a page I wrote on DANGEROUS DRINKS to avoid.
I truly hope this page about the muscle building and fat burning benefits of water has helped open your eyes. I hope you pay attention to what you are drinking and putting in your body from here on out as this alone can save your life.