I love this spicy salmon and cabbage salad. The 2 go great together and compliment each other nicely.
I want you to try this healthy dinner recipe one day, and you'll see exactly what I mean.
Cabbage is an amazing food on its own but the addition of the many other ingredients in this recipe make this one of the healthiest you'll ever find.
Did you know cabbage has the ability to block effects from harmful substances called xenoestrogens? You obtain these harmful substances from shampoo, hair spray, perfumes, lotions, and household cleaning products.
That's just 1 reason I want you to have cabbage often along with broccoli, cauliflower, kale, and brussels sprouts. You'll love how much better you feel once you get rid of all the harmful substances from your body. All of these healthy recipes will help you in your efforts to do so.
Ingredients for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
– 2 Pieces of Wild-Caught Salmon Cut to 4 oz Each
– 2 Tablespoons Real Butter from Grass-Fed Cows
– Dash of Hot Pepper Flakes
– 1/8 Cup of Maple Syrup for Sweetener
– 1 Lime for Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
– 1 Lemon for Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
– Dash of Freshly Ground Cinnamon
– 1/2 Red Cabbage Sliced
– 1/2 White Cabbage Sliced
– 4 Green Onions Chopped
– 1/2 Red Bell Pepper Sliced
– 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper Sliced
– 1 Small Tomato sliced
– 1 Carrot Organic
– 1/4 Cup Almond Slivers
– 1/4 Cup Crushed Walnuts
– 1 Apple Organic Sliced Thinly
– 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds Dried
Cabbage Salad Dressing
– 2 Tablespoons Peanut Oil
– 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
– 1/2 Teaspoon Sesame Oil
– 1 Tablespoon of Fresh Ginger
– 1/2 Teaspoon Honey from Local Farmer
– 1 Lime for Freshly Squeezed Juice
– Hot Pepper Flakes to Taste
– Sea Salt to Taste
– Black Ground Pepper to Taste
Directions for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
Directions for Spicy Salmon:
1. Preheat your oven to broil setting.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in microwave and use brush to brush both pieces of wild-caught salmon with butter.
3. Ensure you have the skin side of the salmon facing down and place meat side of salmon up towards heat source in your oven while it's on broil.
4. Broil in oven for approximately 10 minutes.
5. While your wild-caught salmon is broiling in the oven, make the maple syrup mixture by mixing maple syrup, lime juice, lemon juice, cinnamon, and hot pepper flakes into a small bowl. I personally like to heat up the maple syrup in the microwave slightly to make it hot. You don't want to pour a cold mixture over your hot salmon.
6. Once you get the salmon out of the broiler oven, pour your maple syrup mixture over the salmon and enjoy with your cabbage salad. Make sure your cabbage salad is ready before your salmon so you get to eat your salmon while it is hot.
7. Have a great meal. Enjoy this very much as it's absolutely amazing and highly, highly nutritious. This meal will improve your body very, very much!
Directions for Cabbage Salad:
1. Add all ingredients to large bowl and mix together.
2. Enjoy as that's it. Takes more time to gather the ingredients than to prepare. Very quick and easy. Very, very nutritious. This cabbage salad goes perfect with the spicy salmon.
Nutrition Facts for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
You'll see below that this healthy dinner recipe has nearly 1800 calories. This can be split into 2, 3, or even 4 servings if you like depending on your calorie needs and diet plan.
Notice the high fat intake which is all extremely healthy fats especially from the wild-caught salmon. Wild-caught salmon is VERY HIGH in omega 3 fats which are very important.
Also notice the very high fiber content of this meal. You've got high protein, high fiber, and high fat which all leads to a very slow digesting meal that releases nutrients to your body slowly. This is a very good thing.
Take a second to look at the vitamin and mineral content for this healthy dinner recipe which is shown below. The content is amazing.
This meal is VERY HIGH in vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin A. You're also getting a good amount of vitamin B6 and manganese. You are literally flooding your body with an amazing number of vitamins, minerals, and other powerful nutrients.
Vitamins and Minerals for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
Calories, Protein, Carbohydrates, and Fats for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
Other Options for Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
If you're looking for more overall calories and more carbohydrates in an attempt at building more muscle, add a large baked sweet potato on the side with butter, sour cream, and lots of cinnamon.
You can also have greater amounts of wild-caught salmon with this recipe.
Wild-caught salmon can get a little costly as well as other healthy meats, so I personally keep the amount of meat on the lower side just so my family can afford to eat healthy. If you can afford more wild-caught salmon and need more overall calories, go for it.
Feel free to add any additional herbs and spices to this healthy recipe to make it even healthier.
You can also take the salmon and add it directly to the cabbage salad or you can eat it separately. It's delicious both ways.
Recipe Download: Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad
Download the Recipe in pdf format and keep in your kitchen or recipe book. Simply right click on the file name below and save to your computer. You can print out from your computer.
Free Recipe Download Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad: Download
You should start making your own cookbook by including the Spicy Salmon and Cabbage Salad healthy recipe from WLC.